Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Third Wednesday of October - Sow-A-Long blocks

Okay so they are a little late.  But, honestly, I have NOT been home at all.  If I haven't been at my daughter's, they've been at my house.  I even got to have the beautiful girl Emma at my house TWO nights last week, without her mom! How special was that? Sewing can wait...babies can't! And then of course there's Ryan...

1.  BROKEN WINDOW

This block requires 16 scrappy hsts, 1-1/2" unf, 1" fin, so please use your scraps and make them in your favorite way.

This block also requires 8 flying geese, 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" unfit, 1 x 2" fin.  Please use your favorite method to make them as well.




2.  CONNECTICUT

Dark (center):  Cut (1) 2-5/8" square
medium:         Cut (2) 2-1/2" square, cut ONCE on the diagonal
You are making a square in a square, 3-1/2" unf, 3" fin.

You need (4) flying geese, 2" x 3-1/2" unf, 1-1/2" x 3" fin.
Use your favorite method to make these.

You need 4 hsts, 2" unf, 1-1/2" fin.

I'm only able to post these two this week; my husband and I are leaving early tomorrow for a little getaway.

See you next week.
Love to you all,
Randy


8 comments:

  1. I like 'em, Randy!
    Enjoy your getaway. Is it somewhere exciting? Our idea of exciting is driving an hour or two to a quilt shop and DH chooses where we eat dinner. I know you are much more adventurous than we are! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST finished the last 3 blocks last night! I am always caught up for a very short time...lol. Thanks for the two blocks - have a fun trip and take pictures to share with us. Glad you are spending time with those cute Grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Randy! I can't wait to add these to my "Scrap-terpiece" Enjoy your beautiful grandkids and your time away with hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Randy - I'm loving it. Have a great get-a-way. I'm a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet....these are looking good :0)
    Have a great time and we'll see you when you get home.

    Happy Sewing, safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful time! I love these blocks,they are beautiful! Thank yOu!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Randy for more great blocks--my "Medicare Jubilee Quilt" is really looking good! Enjoy your time away--Sara Clark

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wondering - why do you say sow?

    ReplyDelete