Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

last Sow-A-Long blocks!!

I hope you had a fabulous Christmas with your families and/or friends. Maybe you even had a chance to get some sewing done this week. I hope you did.  I've completed several projects, which has been great.  My daughter and the 2 darling grandkids are arriving this afternoon so my sewing machine is getting put away.

I know you've been anxiously awaiting the final three blocks of our Sow-a-Long that I've been promising.

1.  CACTUS POT (can never have too many baskets!)

Background:  Cut (1) 2" square
                   cut (2) 2 x 3-1/2" rectangles
                   Cut (2) 3" squares-making (4) hsts, 2" unf, 1-1/2" fin, with
Medium:       Cut (2) 3" squares -  "

Background:  Cut (1) 4" square, cut ONCE on the diagonal (one extra triangle)

Dark:           Cut (1) 4" square, making (1) hst, 3-1/2" unf, 3" fin (one extra)
Medium:       Cut (1) 4" square,    "

Dark:           Cut (1) 2-1/2" square, cut ONCE on the diagonal



2.  SAWTOOTH STAR VARIATION  (COURTESY OF LORI!)

Background:  cut (4) 1-1/2" squares
Medium:       Cut (5) 1-1/2" squares,
assemble a 9 patch, 3-1/2" unfin, 3" fin

Background:  cut (4) 2" squares for corners

Background:  Make 4 flying geese, 2 x 3-1/2" unfin, 1-1/2" x 3" fin.
Dark:              "


thank you, Lori!!

3.  RAIL FENCE VARIATION (thank you Claire!)


Cut 2 strips one dark and one light / bright, 14" x 1.25". Sew together lengthwise and cut into
 (4)- 3.5" units
-cut (4)- 2" squares of a medium 
-cut (1_- 3.5" square of a second medium
-assemble acording to picture.



Thank you very much to all of my followers and those of you who have been doing my Sow-A-Long for the past year.  It's been a great adventure; I've enjoyed it tremendously. One of the best parts has been the new blogging friends I've made through this project. What a gift!!

  One of my 2013 projects is going to be to put these blocks together. PLEASE be sure to send me pictures of your progress setting these blocks. I will post them on my blog.

New project for next year? Of course.  Just haven't figured it out yet. It will be a short-term project, though, so will be easier to keep up.

Love to you all,
Randy

11 comments:

  1. How long with the Sow-A-Long blocks be posted on your blog, Randy? I need to catch up (like from the beginning ... LOL) and wanted to print them out. Thanks ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a fun year of blocks Randy. It has been fun working on them and learning some new things along the way. Your efforts have been appreciated very much. Hope the New Year is a great year for you and for the rest of the followers of your blog. -Rhonda in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy- thank you so much for the great Sow-Along. My piecing has improved so much. I always looked forward to the next installment, and I'm already excited to start whatever you choose for the next group project . (I still vote a collection of many sized houses!). I'll send a photo of my "Scrap-terpiece" for sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy- thank you so much for the great Sow-Along. My piecing has improved so much. I always looked forward to the next installment, and I'm already excited to start whatever you choose for the next group project . (I still vote a collection of many sized houses!). I'll send a photo of my "Scrap-terpiece" for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randi...these sow-a-long blocks have been fabulous. I so grateful to you for you extraordinary efforts and focus, when I suspected that you had other priorities, those darling grandchildren for instance. I had fallen behind, and have only just completed #68, but what stunning quilt I have to look forward too. Thank you such again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to print all the instructions, tried to a few days ago but got blank sheets. I didn't sign up in the beginning. Does that make a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to get these blocks done and put this top together. I already have setting ideas brewing in my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished the last 3 blocks. Can't wait to assemble them into a top.
    Just want to thank you. Look forward to next year. I will try to get a picture to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for doing all of these blocks! I've really enjoyed them, and while it is time for the project to come to an end - I am sorry to see them stop! I am still catching up - got behind for a few months, but when I have my blocks finished I'll send a picture. I'm making two different styles. :-) Just have to come up with setting ideas now. . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You so much for the sow a long and all the hard work you put into it. I will be looking forward to see what you do in 2013. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Randy, I made some blocks that I had never done before and learned lots along the way. First time joining anything like this and I will certainly join you again.
    I am behind a little, but that I my next project to catch up on. How many blocks total are there? Are you going to plan the setting or is that up to us?

    ReplyDelete