Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Bindings done

Okay so I didn't get lots of tops completed during my time in Oregon. What I did get done, though, are things I've been avoiding. Don't ask me why I am loathe to do bindings.

Anyway, I'm feeling great that these are done. 


These are very tiny blocks which I made via a swap with my Wisconsin friends. We called this "X's and O's". This was a pattern we found in a Quiltmania issue. I love it and am probably the last to get it done. Oh well. I love it!

This other one is from this past spring. Not too old!!
M
Of course I love the colors!
But I'll bet you can't tell the secret of this quilt!!

It's a cheater top!!  I couldn't believe it when I saw this on the bolt. 

I think it's really hard to tell. I loved the fabrics so I figured it'd be great as a sofa quilt!!  How comfy does this look on my navy love seat, for my sewing room!!

I head home tomorrow so maybe I'll get something done this week. The swap is happening this week. I can't wait to see all the blocks!

13 comments:

  1. Very nice! Did you quilt them too?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot of work in that quilt! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your x's and o's. You are really zooming thru those bindings...vbg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that x's and o's quilt pattern--Quiltmania has the best patterns...the stripe-y rectangles in between blocks just are perfect....what a great finish--{envy} hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally in love with your x and o quilt! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job getting the bindings done! Love the Xs and Os!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love cheater panels--they are done so well you have to look close

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first one is awesome! The "cheater" quilt is very nice and I like them. Once I made one for my sister and she didn't know it was a cheater until I told her. I just finished a cheater I Spy and it so nice and super quick. I think I have another panel somewhere too, so no problems there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurray, bindings done! I have that cheater print in a different colorway. Don't know how I missed it in those colors - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your X and O quilt turned out awesome! And I love that cheater quilt. What line was that from? Keep those bindings going.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your X and O quilt turned out awesome! And I love that cheater quilt. What line was that from? Keep those bindings going.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your X's and O's look great! And I love the cheater top! Have a safe drive home! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your X's and O's quilt is beautiful! That is the best cheater fabric I have ever seen. That quilt so cuddly. Congratulations on two wonderful finishes!

    ReplyDelete