Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Another healing quilt

I just found out that a guy I used to work with was diagnosed with colon cancer. He's too young and healthy to have such problems but cancer isn't discriminating. So I went through my stack of finished quilts and found the perfect quilt to send him today. Just needed the binding put on (that's another one done!) His chemo starts this week so he will have the quilt to take along. This also made me very happy to be able to do something for someone in need.


This was from American Patchwork and Quilting a few years ago.  It was designed by Kathie Holland.  (thanks to Janet O. for reminding me of the designer's name)  The blocks are 4.5" finished; 
Max liked it right away!


On a more positive note, I finished the blocks for the Temecula 12 days of Christmas. Just need to set them. They are pretty tiny-- more the style of my friend Janet Olsen than my style. 


Pictures from Paris are up next!

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your friend, Randy. I'm sure your quilt will bring him much comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that lovely quilt you are giving your friend was a pattern by Kathie Holland--Quilting the Rails, or something like that. I have that magazine somewhere, waiting for me to make that quilt. A very thoughtful gift on your part, Randy!
    Love your tiny blocks. : ) I saved the patterns, but haven't made them. Are you going to use one of the three setting options they gave?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful present you gave to your friend !! Your heart is full of kindness Randy ! I hope he will be in a better health next year....
    I love your tiny blocks ! Another beautiful little quilt for you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. He will get So much comfort from your gift. How sweet and thoughtful you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely comfort quilt...and cute blocks, this was a fun SA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is what quilting is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your friend health problem. I pray he comes out the winner. Beautiful gift. You are a very generous person. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your friend. What a wonderful thing to do. I'm sure it will help him through his recovery journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful gift for your friend--it will give him warmth and strength for his journey. On those tiny blocks and yes Janet is a master

    ReplyDelete